January 8, 2009
Octopus Jar (Japanese traditional fishing gear to catch an octopus)
Not defined, mainly Pop
Sangatsu Youka (三月八日)
Crypton Future Media, SEGA, Megurine Luka (derived)
Tako Luka is an officially recognized derivative, and the result of creativity of imagining Vocaloid Megurine Luka's hair in the form of an octopus, in the same manner as Hachune Miku. She is acknowledged by Crypton Future Media, the publisher of the Character Vocal Series for Vocaloid 2, for commercial use. This octopus had a very important involvement in Vocaloid fandom, most notably in the Japanese community. Both Tako Luka and Hachune Miku are seen as mascots side by side with their source characters.
Tako Luka resembles an octopus and a deformed version of Megurine Luka's head, a Vocaloid 2 developed and distributed by Crypton Future Media. Complete with fleshy bangs resembling hair and eight tentacles. Her tentacles are pink and her face is a light flesh tone that has two black dots and a mouth, her cheeks have blushes on them. She wears what resembles headphones.
Her tentacles cascade from behind her and the front most tentacles rest in a diagonal position under her chin, which is kept elevated.
Her personality does not appear to be defined by her original creators, instead the fandom displays her personality has being a hyper and happy character who does random actions. Much like Hachune Miku.
Source: Vocaloid Wiki
Tako Luka is the indirect result of the Character Item War that was made to determine Luka's character item. Tako Luka was created by Sangatsu Youka, after realizing Luka's hair reminded him of an octopus. Her creation marked the end of the cyberskirmish that ensued in the wake of Luka's announcement and launch. Her staying power resulted in being recognized by Crypton who adopted other derivatives such as: Sakine Meiko, Akita Neru, Yowane Haku, and Hachune Miku.
Source: Vocaloid Otaku
5. The first history of Tako Luka
Tako Luka was born in "Item War of Luka", and she finally ended the war.
(The first original picture drawn by Sangatsuyouka(三月八日))(Jan.08.2009)
(The 2nd picture by Sangatsuyouka)(Jan.14.2009)
Sangatsuyouka said "It is good that she has 8 hands, so she can have several things." He seems to have been disgusted with "Item War". It is said that the idea of 8 hands came out of his gentleness. He is a popular painter, and his picture is used on much Vocaloid videos. Among the pictures which he drew, we can find the origin of Tako Luka.
(The first video that uses Sangatsuyouka's picture)(Made by Kyokuhoku-P)(18:25JST Jan.30.2009)
By default, Tako Luka can use the same voice as Luka herself, regardless of voice bank. Some users envision her voice differently, as high pitched.
Configuration: Megurine Luka
|BREATHINESS (BRE)||0||BRIGHTNESS (BRI)||0||CLEARNESS (CLE)||10|
|GENDER FACTOR (GEN)||-50||OPENING (OPE)||0|
| SPECIAL NOTES:|
The configuration is from "Tako Luka★Maguro Fever" by Samfree and "I Wanna Eat Tuna" by Saitamanist. This example of configuration on the Fanloid wikia should not be viewed as being widely accepted or acknowledged by the character's creator.
|巡音ルカ と 英語でおしゃべり|
January 31, 2009 01:21JST
|I am an octopus|
January 31, 2009 11:31JST
January 31, 2009 23:31JST
- Let's Talk in English with Megurine Luka
The first Tako Luka video which got more than 100,000 view counts. Kagamine Rin and Len make attempts to speak English to Tako Luka, which fail as they cannot pronounce their words correctly. Hatsune Miku comes in and asks Megurine Luka what to eat. As Luka deliberates what to eat in Japanese, Rin and Len realize that this whole time Luka could actually speak Japanese. Nicovideo broadcast
- Tako Luka Po-Pi-Po
Originally sung by Vocaloid Hatsune Miku. The original author is Lamaze-P. The biggest hit video of Tako Luka which got more than 400,000 view counts in NicoNicoDouga and ended "The Item War of Luka".
Her relationship with Megurine Luka appears to simply be a mascot, not a pet. However, this doesn't stop the fandom from making it so. In Project Diva she is shown to have multiple clones that appear in various areas of the stage.
- Tako Luka is not food, even though she is an octopus. Though fanworks and art making fun of this fact however has been made.
- Tako Luka is not a severed head, she only resembles one. But to a morbid extent, this too has been a subject of guro fanart, comparing her to a headcrab.
- Tako Luka marks the end of the item war procedure that has presumed since Hachune Miku. While it still goes on to a degree, for the large part it is mostly done as a joke now.
An MMD model of Tako Luka was created in January 2009 by modeler Masisi. See the Tako Luka (Masisi) page for details, and also see other Tako Luka models.
- Project Diva (PD), game
- Tako Luka makes random cameos in the PSP game, Hatsune Miku ~Project Diva~ and again in its sequel. Usually she is spotted scampering around the scene or waving her tentacles at the viewer.
- Fanmade Promotional Videos (PV)
- Tako Luka has a history of fanmade videos. Usually dancing or hanging around a setting with other Vocaloids, Megurine Luka in particular, commonly seen resting on her head.
- Official licensed Tako Luka have been produced, such as phone charms and plush toys. She is also bundled with a Megurine Luka Nendoroid. If more than one version of Tako Luka is sold of any given item, a lottery is usually established for the item wherein one of 3 faces are able to be bought. However, the buyer will not be able to determine which of the 3 he or she receives. So far, this has been carried out with the Tako Luka plush doll and the charm.
Note; this is not a gallery for every fanart out there, just for reference
|Official Vocaloid derivatives|
|Akita Neru • Hachune Miku • Mikudayō • Sakine Meiko • Tako Luka • Yowane Haku•ZeeU (SBS A&T Co.,Ltd.)|
|W|| The content of this page is copied from another source and presented on Fanloid Wiki. The content has been adjust accordingly to fit Fanloid Wiki 'Manual of Style'.|
The original is located here. Note, any recent updates to the original may not have been duplicated here.