| The following article is currently being improved for the benefit of all visitors. Please bare with us while improvements are being made. Apologies for any inconvenience in the meantime.|
This articles current state:
→ This Article is about Rinto Kagamine. For other similarly-named characters, You may be looking for "Kagamine"
- Rinto's design is very similar to the original Kagamine's. He is distinguished from Kagamine Len by the hairclips and lack of short ponytail. His hair is short and a bit messier than Rin's, but doesn't have the spikes Len's hair has. Some people consider Rinto to wear a white bandana on his head, which looks like a bow, sleeveless shirt and shorts. The common outfit for him is a sailor shirt like Len's but with slightly longer sleeves, up to above his elbows. The ribbon from Rin's school uniform is replaced with a necktie. The difference in Len's and Rinto's neckties is that Len's necktie has a rectangular end, while Rinto's has a pointed end. He has pants that are folded until a few inches below his knees. His shoes are usually either rubber shoes or closed shoes; with no socks. At times, his footwear is similar to the original Kagamine twins'. The number 02 sign is probably covered by his sleeves, so it's not visible.
Personality and traits
Rinto doesn't have a defined personality due to being an open source character. However, he's usually portrayed as the older brother with a laid back mood, and never lets others know his deepest thoughts. Or he is portrayed as very childish and hyper.
It's unclear what his height and weight is. But he is usually put as taller than all three of the Kagamine's.
Rinto is possible when pitching down Rin's voice. Due to lack of info, it's unclear where he first came from. An upload on Piapro in 2008 is tagged as being Rinto, which shows the now commonly distinguishing features. The fact that Rin and Len have genderswaps is considered ironic to some since it is believed that the Kagamine's are mirror images of themselves, making the idea for a genderswap redundant.
Configuration: Kagamine Rin
Rinto has no official voice configuration. However, it's recommended to use this, as it's possibly the closest to Pitchloid Rinto's voice. Designed by ShadowofOctopus. Example
|BREATHINESS (BRE)||0||BRIGHTNESS (BRI)||64||CLEARNESS (CLE)||20|
|GENDER FACTOR (GEN)||40 - 45||OPENING (OPE)||50|
| SPECIAL NOTES:|
It's recommended to use Rin Kagamine's Power Append, to make him sound more masculine and clearer.
Do not make the gender factor any higher than 40, or else he will sound like Neru Akita. This example of configuration on the Fanloid wikia should not be viewed as being widely accepted or acknowledged by the character's creator.
Hurry Up! Work
Rinto and Neru complain about how badly the Vocaloid community act towards producers, treating them like "music-making machines" as the song had stated itself. The song states that in order to keep the producers happy and satisfied with their work, the community needs understand that the producers are their allies and that they work with Vocaloid because they like, not because they have to. Kousaku-P admitted that the song was inspired by many other songs made by Owata-P, such as I Hate All of You Guys and How's the Progress.
He's usually portrayed as the older brother of Rin, Len, or even Lenka. Sometimes, it's told that he is Lenka's older sibling or twin. He can also be known to hang out more often with Len, which results in both suffering from the same doubt problem as Len and Rin; half of their fans see them as a couple, and the other sees them as brothers.
- MikuMikuDance (MMD), 3D software
- MMD models of genderswapped Kagamine's are commonly created by Western users who use the PMD Editor.
- No one knows who first made Rinto.
- Rinto is considered a pitchloid, but sometimes has an actual voice configuration.
- The names Rinta (リンタ) and Lenyo (レンヨ) has also been seen, but both are not as frequently used as Rinto.
- Rinto can be confused as an older Rin, if depicted with a similar hairstyle and hair clips.
- He resembles the artwork of an utaite ikasan (いかさん).
Note: This is not for every fanart you see online. This is merely for reference.