|Info|| The content of this page may be of interest to readers, contributors and visitors.|
This article in a nutshell states: Fanmade Vocaloid terminology
Vocaloid Genderswap is a Vocaloid character whose gender has been switched. This is very common among the fandom. Usually Genderswap Vocaloids are actually Vocaloid songs pitch-changed to create a male or female vocal; they are rarely songs made with a different voice configuration. However, among the Japanese fandom, voice configuration is often the way Genderswap Vocaloids are created. There are tutorials by Vocaloid users who give tips on how to create altered vocals for a song by correctly using the program's configurations.
If a character is genderswapped often enough, the genderswapped version may be given its own name. For male-to-female genderswaps, this is often the normal character's name with "ko" appended to it. (子 "Ko" meaning "child" is a common ending for Japanese girls' names.) For female-to-male genderswaps, "o" is sometimes added. A similar naming process happens within the Western fandom, such as changing a masculine name ending in "e" or "o" and making an addition of the letters "a" or "l" and so on. Another method is using existing masculine, feminine, and unisex names.
- Main category: Genderswaps
- English: Genderswap / Genderbent / Genderbender / Genderchange / Genderswitch
- Japanese: 性転換 (せいてんかん) ← Genderchange / 女体化 m-to-f / 男体化 f-to-m.
- The term "Pitchloid" is usually used to describe genderswapped character vocals, as many are created by simply higher or lowering the pitch of an existing song with no technical effort involved.
- ↑ danbooru wiki: genderswap (nsfw)
- VocaloidOtaku: (Tutorial)Gender bending Vocaloid Tutorial
- NicoPedia: 性転換とは (セイテンカンとは) [単語記事] - ニコニコ大百科